Presidents Post July 2020

A close up of a flower

Description automatically generated

Good Afternoon ladies

I hope this Presidents Post finds you all well and enjoying the easing of lockdown measures. Myself I find I am gradually popping out to the shops – mainly Hobbycraft when that opened!

It is becoming easier to go out and it has been good to socially distance in our garden with friends. The family left us to go back home over 3 weeks ago and it is good to be able to see them indoors again.

How they have grown in the last 4 months. We appreciated during the last couple of weeks that they were with us that we could go and explore some lovely places locally.

How they have grown in the last 4 months. We appreciated during the last couple of weeks that they were with us that we could go and explore some lovely places locally.

The committee continue to meet via Zoom. We plan ahead at our meetings and have discussed how we move forward.

The committee continue to meet via Zoom. We plan ahead at our meetings and have discussed how we move forward. Even though the lockdown measures are easing we are not sure it is right for us to consider meeting in a large group in the near future. We are therefore planning some zoom meetings for you all. If you need a hand with setting up a zoom meeting please let me know and we will see if we can talk you through it! Meeting information below:

Our next meeting planned on 22 July is with Debbie Towlson and she is going to teach us how to make macarons. I am looking to contact Debbie to ask whether we will be able to cook along with her if that’s what anyone would like to do…I will keep you posted when I have heard from her.

On August 9th (Sunday afternoon 3-4pm) Hampshire WI have arranged for an hour’s entertainment from Retro Rita a singer who will sing some fold favourite songs. The price will be £5 and there will be information sent to you as how to join in.

Hampshire WI are looking to put on more of these virtual events.

As we have missed our Annual Meeting this year, we are following suggestion by Hampshire WI. There were several options for us to choose from and this is the one we have decided to follow:

LOCKDOWN AM.  This WI wishes to hold its Annual Meeting.   The President and Committee are happy to stay in their current posts.  If the Secretary and Treasurer wish to step down, they can do so if a member of the Committee is willing to step into the role(s).  If the President wishes to stand down, she can do so if the Vice President will step into the role.  The Vice President can be appointed by the Committee.

The WI makes up a pack for each member consisting of:

Minutes of the last AM

Treasurers report with a copy of the examined accounts.

Annual report (looking back at the last year)

President’s report (looking forward to the next year)

A form for members with tick boxes for approval of the accounts and adoption of the Annual Report.

This pack can be sent electronically to those who have email, posted or hand-delivered to those without email.

The election of the Committee (and President) must happen at a later date when public gatherings are permitted.

This WI will send a copy of the accounts to WI House once they have been examined.

Myself, Wendy and Amanda are willing to stay in our roles at present. The remaining committee members will stay until such times as we can meet face to face and new committee members joining.

New Committee members are welcome and can be co-opted. Please think about joining us.

So, this means by September we should have a pack for you all which we will email out. There will be a survey monkey questionnaire for you to complete asking you to approve the accounts and adopt the report.

Please check out the WI’s Denman at Home where there are some interesting online courses.

https://www.denman.org.uk/whats-on/?_search=Online%20Course

Umbrella, Rain, Red, Weather

Our last attempt at meeting up in the park was a washout – but hopefully if we arrange another one it won’t be. It would be nice to see you all face to face! We will also try and organise another virtual coffee morning.

I have also been asked by Rushmoor Voluntary Services if we as a WI can help them out. Thy are re-starting their voluntary service of cooking, shopping or cleaning for our older residents in the Borough.

Image result for free apron image

I have also been asked by Rushmoor Voluntary Services if we as a WI can help them out. Thy are re-starting their voluntary service of cooking, shopping or cleaning for our older residents in the Borough.

They are looking to have approximately 200 aprons made  (they are using plastic at present an also thinking about the environment) The plan is to make hem from pillowcases! It is possible I’ve made one. It’s relatively easy and not too time consuming. So…….what we need are some volunteers to make aprons (and masks) and the pillowcases to make them with. I will try and come up with a set of instructions. The webbing ( for waist ties) will be provided (as well as elastic and interfacing for masks). Please let me know if you can help. The RVS are also putting a request out for pillowcases.

Whhew that felt like a lot of information…..

Hope to see you all on 22nd July

Kind regards 

Rachel Neudegg

This entry was posted in News.